In today’s world a business without a properly designed website is at a huge disadvantage. And just not any site will do, but one created with usability and SEO in mind. To work well a site needs to be designed properly, logically and cleanly. If it’s not then all your online marketing / PR / advertising and social media promotions to sell the site will just be wasted.
So much depends on the site design it is important to choose the right designer. So, here are a few tips to help you make the right choice.
1) Check out some of the other sites the designer has created. All creative designers have a unique style to them and certain elements common to .coms they develop.
2) Talk with the designer, tell him/her what your needs are. A good designer will be completely honest with you and be happy to tell you exactly his/her capabilities. The sign of a great designer is one that will ask what your current .com is, talk to you about your company and its goals and really get to know you. This is above and beyond, and what separates the good from the great.
3) Don’t separate the design and coding of your .com. You want one person or company conceptualizing, designing and implementing your .com. Splitting this is never a good idea and you will never get as good a product as you will if everything is done with one person or team.
4) Do separate the web design and the external marketing. Everybody can’t do everything. You want a designer who works closely with an SEO specialist. A proper web design starts with SEO and design from the very beginning.
Having the proper design is just the first step. It also takes a solid commitment to get your site a decent amount of steady traffic. And remember, once you start, it is an ongoing process from both your designer and SEO team for a time after the site is launched to build and maintain results.
When the website is created properly from step one, it will be something that you can build upon. You will have a valuable piece of virtual real estate.
Share on Facebook33
Got to read
- Mobile Web Is Old News
- Reasons Why You Need A Mobile Web Site
- In Web Design Everything Is a Specialty
- Has the Facebook Frenzy Finally Worn Off?
- Anatomy of A Web Page, Strategic Code Placement
- Content, content, and did I say content!
- Your Website as Real Estate or Virtual Land Real Money
- What is a web site?
- The new Consumer or The Consumer and the Handheld
- The “Must Do” List For Google
- Google’s need for speed means you need to check your website.
- Importance of Web Design and SEO Combined
The Two Golden Rules
- Pick a web designer
- Is the Keyword Meta Tag dead?
- The Title Tag
- Why you can no longer separate the code from the seo
- The Google Canonical Problem
- Content that brings people in
- What search engines like
- Building Findable web sites
May 2013 M T W T F S S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31